The Agents Perspective: "To create an established 'at home' atmosphere is terribly difficult to recreate - but here this is the original article! This is a beautiful, part thatched cottage and adjoining buildings which look into a lovely courtyard and is only a short 'dander' from the fringe of Strangford Lough. There are many original features including a beamed vaulted ceiling and exposed stone wall in the living room and the walls and floors are sometimes uneven which is all part of the character and charm of the house. The environment is a delight for bird watching, nature in general and there are numbers of superb eateries at Lisbane, Comber and Balloo worth exploring. Strangford Lough Yacht club is also nearby. A simply charming, original cottage with all modern facilities"
- THE FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Three bedrooms two reception rooms and study
- Country kitchen with pine units and 'Belfast' sink
- Separate utility room
- Two bathrooms including ensuite
- Oil fired central heating
- Courtyard to front and landscaped gardens to rear
- Useful outbuildings as stores, kennels etc with potential for conversion to living space or for running a home business (commercial planning granted)
- ALSO OF INTEREST:
- Beautiful, peaceful location just a few yards from Strangford Lough
- Abundance of bird life and wildlife on the doorstep
- Within easy reach of Comber, Killinchy, Lisbane and Balloo
- Excellent restaurants and Strangford Lough Yacht Club nearby
- Real sense of peace and tranquillity
- Great potential for further expansion or working from home
- GROUND FLOOR
- Stable door to:
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Quarry tiled floor.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Natural wood strip flooring, original beamed ceiling. Wired for wall lights.
- LIVING ROOM:26' 10"×20' 0" (c.8.18m×6.10m)
- Feature Inglenook rustic brick fireplace with raised stone hearth and cast iron wood burning stove. Pitched beamed ceiling. Feature stone wall and natural wood strip flooring.
- StUDY7' 2"×7' 0" (c.2.18m×2.13m)
- CONSERVATORY:20' 0"×10' 0" (c.6.10m×3.05m)
- Stone floor. Radiator. Double doors to rear garden.
- KITCHEN:25' 0"×15' 3" (c.7.62m×4.65m)
- Range of handmade 'country style' oak units with solid wood work surfaces. Villeroy & Boch enamel double 'Belfast' sink with mixer taps. Integrated dishwasher. Fridge freezer. Esse range with two gas rings. Stone floor. Beamed ceiling. Recessed low voltage spot lights.
- UTILITY ROOM:7' 7"×6' 3" (c.2.31m×1.91m)
- Laminate worktops. Plumbed for washing machine. Ceramic tiled floor. Storage cupboard.
- BEDROOM (2):15' 9"×15' 1" (c.4.80m×4.60m)
- Pitched and beamed ceiling. Wired for wall lights.
- BEDROOM (3):11' 10"×11' 6" (c.3.61m×3.51m)
- Pitched and beamed ceiling.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Comprising corner shower cubicle, vanity unit, low flush wc, ceramic tiled floor and part tiled wall panelling.
- UPPER LEVEL
- MASTER BEDROOM:16' 5"×15' 5" (c.5.00m×4.70m)
- Pitched and beamed ceiling. Shelved walk-in wardrobe.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- White suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and telephone hand shower, wash hand basin and low flush wc. Ceramic tiled floor. Recessed low voltage spot lights. Extractor fan.
- Excellent range of courtyard outbuildings including three dry stores and two open with light and power. Gateway to vehicular parking area with large barn and hay store - ideal for a variety of uses. Enclosed garden to rear in lawn with pavior and stone patio areas.
- BOILER HOUSE:
- Oil fired boiler, PVC oil storage tank.
- Outside water tap and floodlighting.
- Cottage, For Sale
- 3 Bedrooms, 1 Receptions
Find on the map
Location of Property
From Killinchy village, head towards Whiterock. Ballymorran Road is on right hand side at the bottom of the hill.