The Owner's Perspective
"This house has been our dream home and inspiration for the past 27 years. Following purchase, it was extended to take maximum advantage of space and light and the uninterrupted views of the surrounding countryside. The sheltered gardens that surround the house have been a particular pleasure and over the years they have echoed to the fun and excitement of many memorable family and friends get together's. The ideal location has the benefit of combining the tranquillity of the countryside with the convenience of Newtownards, Bangor and Donaghadee"
- THE FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Traditional farmhouse which has been renovated over recent years set on 0.75 of an acre
- Potential to purchase c.7 acres of Prime Agricultural Land surrounding the farm
- Spacious accommodation with drawing room, family room and sitting room
- Solid oak kitchen opening to casual dining area
- Separate utility room
- Five bedrooms, master with dressing room and ensuite
- Master bathroom
- Extensive stone yard comprising of four stores, garden room, woodstore, and garage surrounding a concrete yard (ideal for additional usage such as those wishing to work from home or for the opportunit
- ALSO OF INTEREST:
- The property has been rewired and plumbed with an extension in 1990
- Oil fired central heating
- PVC double glazed windows
- Situated in a semi rural location but only five minutes to Newtownards Town Centre
- Ease of access to Donaghadee, Bangor and Belfast via main routes
- A perfect opportunity for those with an equestrian interest. not only to have your horses in your own yard but to own adjoining land
- GROUND FLOOR
- Open covered entrance porch with double glass doors to porch, ceramic tiled floor, glass door leading to:
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Central staircase leading to first floor finished in pine spindle handrails and newel posts, recessed lighting, wall lighting, cloakroom with low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, ornate detailing and under storage.
- DRAWING ROOM:19' 9"×11' 9" (c.6.02m×3.58m)
- Fireplace with wooden surround, marble inset and hearth, gas fire, picture rail, cornice ceiling, glazed door to side garden.
- FAMILY ROOM:19' 10"×11' 10" (c.6.05m×3.61m)
- Fireplace with mahogany surround, granite inset and hearth wood burning stove, corniced ceiling, glazed door to entrance hall.
- KITCHEN OPENING TO DINING AREA:21' 11"×11' 8" (c.6.68m×3.56m)
- Extensive range of high and low level solid oak units and display cabinets, under unit lighting, one and a half stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, double oven, four ring electric hob with extractor above, laminate worktop, part tiled walls, plumbed for a dishwasher, space for fridge, integrated microwave.
- REAR HALL:
- PVC double glazed door to rear.
- UTILITY ROOM:8' 7"×7' 6" (c.2.62m×2.29m)
- Laminate worktop, high and low level cabinets, plumbed for washing machine, one and a half stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, part tiled walls, oil fired central heating boiler.
- SITTING ROOM:13' 11"×13' 2" (c.4.24m×4.01m)
- Inset gas fire. Double glazed. Sliding door to side.
- FIRST FLOOR
- Large landing with central staircase.
- MASTER BEDROOM:13' 10"×12' 5" (c.4.22m×3.78m)
- Built in wardrobes. Views to Scrabo Tower.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:10' 10"×5' 6" (c.3.30m×1.68m)
- Low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatic shower unit.
- WALK THROUGH DRESSING ROOM:10' 2"×10' 4" (c.3.10m×3.15m)
- BEDROOM (2):14' 2"×12' 4" (c.4.32m×3.76m)
- BEDROOM (3):11' 10"×11' 10" (c.3.61m×3.61m)
- Including built in wardrobes, inset wash hand basin with cabinet below.
- BATHROOM:11' 10"×7' 9" (c.3.61m×2.36m)
- Coloured suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and telephone hand shower, inset wash hand basin with cabinet below, low flush wc, bidet, fully tiled shower cubicle with electric shower, tongue and groove ceiling, low voltage lighting. Access to roofspace.
- BEDROOM (4):12' 7"×10' 11" (c.3.84m×3.33m)
- Including built in wardrobes with cupboards above, inset wash hand basin with cabinet below.
- BEDROOM (5):11' 6"×8' 5" (c.3.51m×2.57m)
- Accessed via Slingsby style ladder, light and floored.
- EXTENSIVE STONE YARD COMPRISING OF:
- Store (1):35' 0"×15' 4" (c.10.67m×4.67m)
- Piggery:20' 1"×15' 4" (c.6.12m×4.67m)
- Store (2):13' 8"×10' 8" (c.4.17m×3.25m)
- Store (3):13' 6"×12' 9" (c.4.11m×3.89m)
- Store (4):17' 1"×13' 3" (c.5.21m×4.04m)
- GARDEN ROOM:29' 11"×14' 4" (c.9.12m×4.37m)
- WOOD STORE:26' 5"×13' 6" (c.8.05m×4.11m)
- GARAGE:16' 1"×13' 9" (c.4.90m×4.19m)
- WORK ROOM:13' 7"×11' 10" (c.4.14m×3.61m)
- The house and the yard are accessed via a sweeping concrete tree lined driveway to a parking area for up to five cars. To the rear of the house is an orchard laid in lawns and fruit trees. There is an additional 7 acres of Prime Agricultural Land which can be bought by separate negotiation.
- Detached, For Sale
- 5 Bedrooms, 3 Receptions
Find on the map
Location of Property
Travelling from the Bangor on the A21 Bangor Road once at the Donaghadee Roundabout take your first left onto the Donaghadee Road. Continue for 2 miles and No 261 will be on your right