Having lived in Belfast for most of our lives the thing that we have most appreciated about our beautiful home in Ballyhalbert is the changing faces of nature. From the beautiful dawn coming up over the harbour shining through our bedroom window to the glorious sunset lighting up our living room and kitchen in the evening; watching huge waves crash against the harbour walls or the inky blackness of a starlit night unpolluted by urban light. We have enjoyed the ability, not common in seaside homes, of being able to go out walking or cycling along safe roads or beaches whilst leaving the car behind. We have taken pleasure working in the garden in the summer while watching enthusiasts perform their water-sports in the bay. This home has been our retreat despite commuting daily to Bangor and Belfast for work, coming home in the evenings via a coastal and Strangford Lough route always provides a scenic journey. We have appreciated living in a light-filled spacious home, big enough to accommodate our family and friends, yet cosy in the winter with the warmth of the Aga in the kitchen and a roaring log fire in the living room. There is ample space for entertaining both inside and outside plus living and dining in a kitchen and sunroom with spectacular views across the Irish Sea. The bedrooms at the rear of the house have views over the rolling fields, the house whist having generous accommodation also has a spacious attic which has the potential to further expand the accommodation, alongside a large garage and loft. Living by the sea is a special kind of lifestyle and offers the opportunity to live the dream in a home with both rural and sea views.
- THE FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- A superb detached bungalow occupying a private site with fabulous sea views
- Beautifully presented with high standard finishes throughout
- Bright and spacious drawing room with views directly onto the shoreline
- Cream country style kitchen with casual dining area and access to sun room
- Four double bedrooms, master with ensuite
- Large family bathroom with freestanding roll top bath
- Gardens to front, side and rear laid in lawn
- ALSO OF INTEREST:
- Oil fired central heating
- Double glazed windows throughout
- Integral garage with light, power and plumbed for washing machine
- Potential to renovate roof space area at first floor level
- Versatile living and bedroom accommodation which will suit many family needs
- Within walking distance to Ballyhalbert harbour, coastal pathways and Ballyhalbert Village
- A peaceful and tranquil location with the benefit of Bangor and Newtownards being over 35 minutes commuting distance
- GROUND FLOOR
- PVC Front door and side lights.
- French oak solid floor. Cornice ceiling. Walk-in hotpress and storage closet. Access to roofspace. Cloakroom storage.
- DRAWING ROOM:9' 11"×16' 1" (c.3.02m×4.90m)
- French oak solid floor, cornice ceiling, large bay window with sea views, feature fireplace with oak mantle and surround, cast iron inset and polished granite tiled hearth,
- FAMILY ROOM:16' 9"×12' 0" (c.5.11m×3.66m)
- French oak solid floor, cornice ceiling, feature fireplace with with oak mantle and surround, granite inset, granite hearth and gas fire.
- KITCHEN:18' 11"×18' 9" (c.5.77m×5.72m)
- Cream country style kitchen with range of high and low level units, Blanco stainless steel sink unit and drainer with mixer tap, laminate worktop, Aga stove, stainless steel extractor hood, cooker space, integrated fridge, integrated De Dietrich dishwasher, American fridge/freezer housing, island unit, ceramic tiled floor, part tiled walls, low voltage lighting, access to integral garage.
- SUN ROOM:11' 1"×12' 11" (c.3.38m×3.94m)
- Ceramic tiled floor, feature beam ceiling, low voltage lighting, port hole window, PVC French doors to rear.
- STUDY9' 11"×12' 0" (c.3.02m×3.66m)
- Solid oak floor, cornice ceiling.
- MASTER BEDROOM:15' 9"×12' 11" (c.4.80m×3.94m)
- Solid French oak floor, sea views.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:8' 2"×6' 3" (c.2.49m×1.91m)
- White suite comprising low flush wc, NK Porcelanosa basin sink with mixer tap, tiled shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled shower, chrome towel rail, low voltage lighting, extractor fan, ceramic tiled floor, tiled walls with mosaic border.
- BEDROOM (2):15' 11"×9' 10" (c.4.85m×3.00m)
- Solid French oak floor.
- BEDROOM (3):9' 11"×12' 0" (c.3.02m×3.66m)
- Laminate flooring.
- BATHROOM:8' 2"×9' 9" (c.2.49m×2.97m)
- White suite comprising low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer taps, roll top bath with taps, tiled shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled shower, chrome heated towel rail, low voltage lighting, extractor fan, ceramic tiled floor, tiled walls with mosaic border.
- Automated door, light and power. Plumbed for washing machine, tumble dryer space. Oil fired central heating boiler.
- Paved pathway surrounding property, laid in lawns. Tarmac driveway. Light. Tap. Power point.
- Tarmac driveway, paved pathway surrounding bungalow, garden to front and side in lawn with beautiful sea views. Garden to rear in lawn with countryside views.
- Detached Bungalow, For Sale
- 4 Bedrooms, 2 Receptions
Find on the map
Location of Property
Travelling along the A2 from Donaghadee continue through the following villages of Millisle and Ballywalter, entering the village of Ballyhalbert go straight on at the roundabout and continue along the A2, Harbour Road and Bush Road is the second right on the right.